UNDER THE LAW.
- All magistrate, state, probate and superior courts in Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court
- Northern District of Georgia Court
- Middle District of Georgia Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
ABOUT MY PRACTICE
I help individuals and companies in a broad variety of real estate litigation disputes including landlord/tenant disputes, contract disputes, arbitrations involving real estate, property rights, etc. In addition to this area, over the years, I have helped many, many financial institutions with commercial collection accounts including commercial workouts and forbearance agreements, suits on notes, confirmations of foreclosure sales, etc. I also help small to medium business in business disputes such as partnership dissolution, litigation and arbitration with other businesses, non-compete litigation, etc. Since I began practicing law in 1997, I also have counseled hundreds of individuals in family law cases and still continue to do so today.
AFFILIATIONS | ASSOCIATIONS | PUBLICATIONS | LEADERSHIP
- Secretary and Board Member of the Atlanta Bar Association Real Estate Section (2016-2017)
- Executive Committee of Real Estate Section of State Bar of Georgia (2016-2017)
- Pro Bono Section Committee Chair of Real Estate Section of State Bar of Georgia (2016-2017)
- DeKalb Volunteers Lawyers Foundation volunteer in Family Law cases
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association of Georgia
- Editor of Atlanta Bar Real Estate Section Committee Newsletter
- Panel leader for December 2015 Litigation panel featuring 4 panelists for Atlanta Bar Association
- ICLE Speaker on Lis Perdens in Commercial Real Estate Contract Disputes
Avid reader, hiker and Toastmaster. Married for 23 years with 3 daughters ages 12 – 20. Member of St. Thomas More Catholic Church.
- Browns Mill Development Company, Inc. v. Denton, 247 Ga. App. 232, 543 S.E.2d 65 (2000): Successfully represented real estate developer on appeal when trespassing activist contended that trespass was protected by Anti-SLAPP (Strategic Against Public Participation) statute.
- Nexgen Cumming, LLC v. State Bank & Trust Co., 313 Ga. App. 715, 716, 722 S.E.2d 428, 429 (2012): Successfully represented financial institution on appeal of confirmation foreclosure case when borrower and guarantors fought admissibility of publisher’s affidavit based on technicalities.
- Big Sandy P’ship, LLC v. Branch Banking & Trust Co., 313 Ga. App. 871, 723 S.E.2d 82 (2012): Successfully represented financial institution on appeal of multimillion dollar summary judgment case in which borrower contended that lender was required to foreclose before collecting on promissory note.
- Avvo 10.0